Thursday, November 11, 2010

Seinfeld Group

I feel fortunate to have been part of a group that had so many hard-working, intelligent people. Because of that, it's hard to say what I may have contributed independent of the team effort. I did assist by taking notes when we had our meetings and typing them out, then e-mailing them to the people who could not make our meetings. I was active in discussing the formatting and content of our discussion, and I participated in constructing the section on modern vs. post-modernism, pulling text from the chapters and connecting it to the show. I broke down the clips and made sure I was familiar with their context in the show so that I could readily navigate them the day of the presentation. A point that I was fascinated by but did not have an opportunity to discuss was Seinfeld's similarity to the other post-modern text we viewed, "Annie Hall". If given the opportunity, I would have discussed their similarity in the way they addressed the foibles of everyday life, the emphasis on Jewish culture in New York City, and the self-reflexive nature of their comedy.

Thanks to my group members, I think our presentation turned out exactly as we hoped.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment